Sunday, January 23, 2011

Dieting, the Worst Part to Change

Dieting is always the worst part to change when it comes to wanting to transform your body and health. It is tough to change eating habits because the best tasting food items are always the worst for you! Also, healthy affordable foods just aren't very appealing. If anyone is like me, I have the stomach capacity of at least 3 people combined. I go into buffets with the intentions of making sure the restaurant does not profit off of me LOL. Also, I'm usually the one that finishes my friends' dishes along with my own. The transitioning portion of changing my food selections into healthier and wiser food choice is/was/will be the hardest part. Going to the gym is easy, but not eating that cookie is hard. It was tough for me because I love to eat and I can eat a whole lot. Here are some pics of the things that I had to give up in order to discipline myself for better results, which was not easy at all.






Dieting is a big part of working out if you want to see visible results. I have worked out in the past and neglected to diet wisely. The results were not very noticeable. My current goal is to become leaner. I am not looking to pack on huge size, but instead, more definition. It is important for me to stay proportional, so I am not aiming to pass the 150ish lbs mark. I'm currently 22 years old, 5'7" and about 150 lbs. Ever since changing my diet, I have put on about 3-5 lbs to hit that 150 mark. I feel healthier and more energetic overall. I try to eat every 2 to 2 and a half hours because I'll usually be really hungry if I push for 3 hours.

Here are some of the things that I am currently eating as part of my meals:


Kashi Go Lean Cereal

These were on sale so I stocked up on them (hahaha). I usually have Kashi Go Lean Cereal for breakfast, peanut butter on whole grain bread, hard boiled egg whites or a protein shake/bar. I also usually have some fruits with my meals (apple/banana/orange). This is usually the time I take my multivitamin as well (Pure Essence One N' Only). I eat peanut butter in the morning because of the good fats found in nuts. Also, ingesting some fat in the morning helps with starting up fat metabolism in your body. I prefer taking multivitamins with a meal although it is not required because some of the vitamins (D, E, A, K) are fat soluble. They will not get absorbed unless there is a source of fat in your small intestine (where absorption of nutrients usually occurs).


Pure Essence One N' Only Multivitamin
Shaken beef with brown rice and some hot sauce just for my own preferred dip.


Egg whites, green bell peppers, mushrooms, ham, and brown rice.

I use ham because it is salty since I do not use any seasoning for the other items.

Carne Asada Burrito

When I'm lazy to prepare my food, I usually get a carne asada burrito. I do not eat the tortilla because it is made up of simple sugars. Processed sugar is what spikes your blood sugar quickly. It is higher on the glycemic index compared to complex carbohydrates (brown rice, whole grain bread). The faster your blood sugar spikes, the more insulin will be released in your body. Insulin promotes the synthesis of fat.


Chicken breast, mushrooms, green bell peppers, ham.

Most of the time I usually eat chicken breast with sweet potatoes because that is a lot easier to pack and heat up for work.


When I don't have time to eat a full meal or if I feel like I didn't eat enough protein in the meal, I usually have a protein shake or eat a protein bar as well. The protein shakes that I take are the ones with very little carbs and fat because I'm trying to lean up. I eat Pure Protein bars because they have less carbs compared to the majority of other bars I have looked at.

I don't try to stuff myself when I eat ever since I changed my diet because there are so many meals in a day. Your body can only absorb about 30grams of protein per meal. Any excess protein will be excreted. These smaller meals work out pretty well. It keeps you satisfied for the 2-3 hour duration and everything in your meal can be efficiently absorbed.

1 comment:

  1. Hey good post. I'm glad you posted all the junk you ate. Some people like to hide the bad foods and only post up foods that made that looked good for just a day. Just keep eating good. You already know it makes a day and night difference. Post more stuff and whatever you need me to help you with.. I can try to give you my best advice. Remember, I don't get notifications on your page. I do see when you make new post since I subscribed to you. So if you need me to read something just message me on my page.

    ReplyDelete